Would you accept this?  

RSS

Nils
(@nils)
10/03/2017 12:01 pm  

A team were already qualified for the final before the last match of the semifinals. As it happened, the qualified team were to play a team fighting for the last qualifying position. 

This team were considered weaker than their challengers (the tournament favorite). However, the big favorites were trailing after some bad results, the weaker team only needed a small victory to knock the favorites out of the finals. 

The already qualified team had a heavy loss against the favorites and did therefore face a big carry-over if they were to meet in the finals. 

Due to these facts, the already qualified team decided to dump the last match so they got the chance to face a weaker team in the finals without too much carry-over. 

The tactics did success and the team won the whole event. 

There is little discussions about the bad ethics in losing tricks and bidding badly with the goal to loose. 

Is this a vital part of the completion. When you can infect who you play in the finals, is it a part of your rights to do so? 

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
10/03/2017 12:50 pm  

I do think this has happened more than once. It is no easy solution to this tactics. I do understand the team that wanted to eliminate the toughest competitor when they had the chance, but I also understand the team that fell out of the finals due to the tactical play. 

ReplyQuote
Share: